Master of Arts in English and Teaching ESL
University of Foreign Languages,
Diploma in Family Counseling
Family Life Foundation,
Certificate in Medical Terminology
Biotechnological company involved in initial stages of drug discovery process
Founding Director, Vice President, Development/Human Resourses
(Feb 2005 to June 2006)
· Project Coordinator, Social Worker. Senior Advocacy and Community Outreach
Established a program of regular therapeutic
and workshops with emphasis on successful assimilation in
· Participated in annual fundraising effort and promoted JFS in the community and the media
- Created a network of membership paying senior service providers with the aim of raising additional funds for the program.
· Successful settlement work with newcomers, resolving employment issues, and navigation of the medical system and Medicare/Medicaid for non-English speakers.
· Developed strategy of comprehensive client care by establishing regular working contacts with local and federal government officials.
(April 2003 to June 2006)
Multicultural Health Program and Interpreter’s Department.
· Responsible for interpretation, medical navigation, and community outreach.
Collaborated and coordinated
(Sept 2001-Feb 2002)
Project Coordinator, interpreter, Gifts of the Tsars: Treasures from the Kremlin
· Facilitated and coordinated culturally sensitive communication between museum staff and Russian curators. Organized educational program for visiting curators.
Family Life Foundation
· Family and individual counseling
Interpreting/Translation and Media Related Projects,
Proprietor “Russian Language Services”
· Clients included: pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, businesses, legal offices
Special interpreter for the Premier
- Exclusive interpreter for the Premier and Leutenant Governor of Ontario and the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan and his cabinet ministers and Mr. Arefieff, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Russian Federation, during their visit to Toronto
- Translations and voice-overs for the “National Journal”, CBC Radio and Television
Volunteer accomplishments and personal involvement
and participated in marketing effort in the immigrant community for the
Russian Festival) and
· Indianapolis Museum of Art (volunteer tour guide), International Center of Indiana (medical interpretation and patient navigation) and International School of Indiana (Parent committees, substitute teaching, cultural programs for children).
Parish Council Member of the Russian Orthodox
Church, immigration centers. Assisting and advocating for new immigrants in
· During the Chechen war (1995-1997) was a member of an NGO facilitating objective information and communications
During World Ban on Land
Mines Conference in
· Working knowledge of Windows XP, Internet research, Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel
· Member of Canadian Internet Registration Authority (non-for-profit)